Saturday, January 12, 2013

Saxon Noble Peada ab Aelfgar

 Peada ab Aelfgar - Son of a peasant with an iron liver and a nasty habit of flatulence. And 1st noble of Saxon warlord Ceawlin.
I always have a very hard time photographing white nuances... and this was no different! I tried to go at it with a bit less lighting and I think it helped a lot.
The paint job is fairly straight forward. I undercoated the miniature black with gesso and then gave it a thorough drybrushing all over with Vallejo British uniform brown.

After that I started putting on basic colours and layering up to a sort of highlight... tried to avoid anything too extreme as I've grown a bit weary of the extreme GW highlights these days. I guess the cape is still a bit too highlighted but I think the blue nuance treats it nicely.

I really like the Vallejo model colour series and use that an Humbrol acrylics almost exclusively. I have some metal GW paints that I use as well, but they don't make the octagon bottles any more.

Let me know what you think!

5 comments:

  1. Another wonderful addition to the band - and a great contrast to Adelwealh. Superb work, as always :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning work !

    Love to see him in a picture with he´s champion...

    Best regards Michael

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice work, can't wait to see him when he's finished ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. This would be the finished version though.

      Delete
  4. Hey Torbjörn, that miniature Looks great, just as cool as the Rest of the bunch.
    Cheers
    Jan

    ReplyDelete